Legally Carry Your Pistol in 37 States!
The SD Enhanced Concealed Carry Pistol Permit Course will provide you with all the necessary training and materials to apply for your SD Enhanced Concealed Carry Pistol Permit.
In this SD Enhanced Concealed Carry Pistol Permit Course you will learn all the necessary information needed to obtain your SD Enhanced Pistol Permit. Some of the topics covered in this course include: laws and legality of the use of force, including deadly force; basic pistol handling skills and fundamentals; where and when a concealed carry permit holder is not allowed to carry in SD; reciprocity with Minnesota, Nebraska, and other surrounding states; the difference between a gold card and the enhanced permit; proper stance, grip, and sight picture for accurate shooting; loading and unloading a pistol in an emergency situation; basic pistol malfunction clearance drills; the reason to become familiar with a pistol and its purpose; and much more.
By the end of this course, you will build a strong foundation of good firearm handling habits and safe operating procedures.
The Course Agenda
- You will learn the NRA Basic Pistol material, including: firearm safety and fundamentals of pistol shooting.
- You will learn critical “Use of Force” information to be able to articulate and understand when force is justified. This information is required by the State of South Dakota.
- You will learn South Dakota Concealed Carry Laws and you will know when and where you cannot carry in the State of South Dakota with your permit.
- You will learn about South Dakota’s reciprocity agreement with other states, including Minnesota and Nebraska; and how that affects you.
- You will learn the value of being prepared through several classroom demonstrations and videos
- After classroom material is covered, we will break for an hour lunch around 12:00 and students will be responsible for their own provisions.
- We will wrap up remaining class materials and questions after lunch
- You will learn how to apply for your permit, and the process that is required to get it quickly and efficiently.
- In the afternoon, we will move on to the firing range for the live fire portion of the day.
- At the range, students will have the opportunity to learn and try newly learned shooting techniques from the class. Instructors will be available to help and offer suggestions to you so you can become more proficient with a handgun.
- You (each student) will fire 98 rounds of ammunition throughout multiple courses of fire. Each course of fire will utilize a different technique and opportunity to become more proficient and familiar with your handgun.
- You will not be graded on performance or proficiency in this course. As long as you complete the course safely, you will be awarded a certificate to apply for your SD Enhanced Pistol Permit.
- The course is offered in a safe and relaxed environment. Our instructors simply offer suggestions and techniques to improve your shooting skills.
***Equipment and Ammunition Requirements***
- You will need a modern handgun. We do allow .22’s but we do not recommend them for this class.
- Please bring at least one (preferably two) spare magazines.
- Bring 100 rounds of quality FULL METAL JACKET ammunition. DO NOT BRING HOLLOW POINT AMMUNITION. The State of South Dakota requires you to fire 98 rounds during this class.
- Bring hearing protection and safety glasses.
- Please verify your equipment is in good working order before class.
- Dress appropriately for the weather. We WILL shoot, rain or shine.
To register for this training, click “Add to Cart” and complete your purchase. You will not be officially signed up for the class until the purchase is complete.
***NOTE*** There are no refunds for this class if you have a scheduling conflict please contact us ASAP, and we will apply your tuition to another class date.
Select a Date
Don’t see a class that fits your schedule?